Phone: 306.874.2280


Bylaws, Policies, Permits

Below is a listing of Town of Naicam bylaws and policies. This is not a complete listing of ALL bylaws and policies, but a selection that the administration has posted for ease of access for the benefit of the community. We have just begun to post these items and as such the list is not complete, if there is something you would like to see posted, please contact us with your request and it may be accommodated as time allows. We also make an effort to keep this list as up to date as possible, but the time relevancy of the documents cannot be guaranteed.

Building, Zoning, Development

Building (with Amendments): Bylaw #2002-007 (As amended)

Fences, Shrubs, Trees & Retaining Walls : Bylaw 2014-003

Nuisance Abatement: Bylaw 2012-009

Property & Surveys: Policy 2017-012

Animal Control

Animal Control: Bylaw 2013-001 Consolidated

Animals: Livestock and Poultry Bylaw No. 96 (1964)


Accounts Receivable Collections: Policy 2020-001

Council Remuneration: Policy 2017-015

General Penalty: Bylaw 2012-006

Investments: Policy 2019-003

NSF Fees: P2016-017

Office Fees & Procedures: Policy 2017-009

Per-Diem: Policy 2017-014

Purchasing: Policy 2017-018

Reserves: Policy 2019-004

Utility Bill Collection: Policy 2016-016

(For Taxes including discounts and interest see the Tax section)

General Government

Administrative: 2021-001 Administrative Bylaw

Asset Management: Policy 2018-003

Complaints by the Public: Policy 2016-019 Fillable Form A – Complaint Form (Policy 19-2016)

Civic Addressing: Bylaw 2011-004

Council Code of Ethics: Bylaw 2017-001

Council Procedure: Bylaw 2019-005

Delegation: Policy 2010-076

Employee Code of Conduct: Policy 2016-013

Elections: Policy 2018-001

Harassment & Zero Tolerance: Policy 2017-010

Noise: Bylaw 2019-006

Nuisance Abatement: Bylaw 2012-009

Public Disclosure: P2016-012

Public Notice: Bylaw 2005-007

Licensing & Permits

Business Licences: Bylaw 2016-001

Fireworks: Bylaw 1970-003

Firearms: 2021-010 Discharge of Fire Arms

Liquor License/Permit Approval: Policy 2017-001

(For Building/Zoning/Development see that section above)

Protective Services

False Alarm Policy (Fire Department): Policy 2019-001

Fire Prevention: Consolidated 1986-015, 1997-015

Fire Pit Regulations: 1997-015 Fire Prevention Amendment to #15-86

Protective Services: Policy 2017-013

Emergency Warning Siren: Policy 2018-006

Parks & Recreation

Campground: P2017-020 Campground Policy

Cemetery: Bylaw 2016-009

Community Council (NDCC):Bylaw 2020-001

Facility Rental and Use: Policy 2017-017

Private Swimming Pools: Bylaw 1990-011

Viking Sportsplex: P2018-007 Viking Sports Plex

Public Works & Services

Custom Work: Policy 2017-011

Water and Sewer Line Repair: Policy 2018-005

Water & Sewer Rates: 2021-004 Bylaw to Amend Water & Sewer Rates

Waste Management: Bylaw 2020-004

Waste Disposal Policy: Policy 2017-016

Vehicle Weight Restrictions: Bylaw 1999-006

Utility Bill Collection: Policy 2016-016


Commercial Tax Concessions: Policy 1983-005

Property Tax Incentives and Penalties: 2021-003 Property Tax Incentives and Penalties Bylaw

Tax Tools (Minimum, Base, Mill Rate Factors): 2023-003 Tax Tools Bylaw


Many of our permit applications are available online as fillable or printable PDF forms.

Waste Collection Bins (non-confirming)
  • Under Section 6 of Bylaw #2020-004, the Waste management Bylaw, a permit is required to place a waste collection container (bin), other than the containers provided by REACT under our curbside program, on a residential property.
  • Conditions of permits may be regulated through a policy of the Town or otherwise at the discretion of Administration on a case-by-case basis.
    • Restrictions may be placed on the length of time a container may be in place, and on the type, size and placement of containers.
    • The container may not negatively impact the safety, health, or welfare of the people in the neighbourhood or amenity of the neighbourhood.
    • Permits may be issued for purposes such as construction, demolition, renovation, or Town authorized community wide clean-up events. All other purposes may be authorized at the discretion of Administration and may not generally include use for day-to-day household waste.
    • Permits issued and associated policies or regulations may be subject to such fees as may be deemed reasonable by the Town.
    • Permit extensions or renewals may be authorized and may be subject to additional fees or regulation.
    • Violation of an issued permit or failure to obtain a permit constitutes a violation of this Bylaw.
Building, Renovations Demolitions
  • Permits are required for Building or Demolition prior to changes being made to your structure, Plumbing or Electrical, or prior to any new construction or demolition beginning. There is a permit application fee and drawings required to be submitted to the Building Official.
  • Renovations to existing buildings that are not structural may not require a permit. Contact the office for details.
  • No permits are required for fences, trees, shrubbery, or retaining walls, but a bylaw is in place to control placement, allowable height, etc.
Special Occasions, Fireworks & Fundraising
Permits are required by anyone planning the following:
  • Special Occasions (community events, fundraisers and other special occasions)
    • Liquor License authorization for outdoor events
    • Street Closure Permits
    • Noise Bylaw Exemptions
  • Fireworks – permits required and available from the Municipal Office.
  • Fundraising & Raffles
    • Groups must obtain a Lottery Licenses for all raffles, 50/50’s and other draws. Licenses are best obtained through the SLGA.
    • Charitable Gaming Licenses for Bingos, Texas Hold’em Tournaments, Monte Carlo (Mock Casino) events, Draws, etc. are regulated by and available from the SLGA (Saskatchewan Liquor & Gaming).
    • Non-Profit Groups may be eligible for a partial grant back from SLGA after submitting their final report to the SLGA for licenses obtained from the SLGA directly. We are happy to assist you in applying for your license.