Our Naicam Public Works Department will be exercising water valves today. Water may be discoloured but still safe to drink. If you see discolouration run cold water before hot until it runs clear.
A total fire ban has been implemented in the Town of Naicam due to dry conditions.
This requires all outdoor fires to be extinguished and the lighting of any is prohibited. The ban does not allow for any open fires within the Town.
The following are included in the ban: fire pits, burning barrels, controlled burns and fireworks. There is an exception for gas-fuelled equipment such as propane barbecues.
The ban will remain in effect until further notice.
The 2016 Annual Water Quality Consumer Report is now available and is visible below. Documents are also available HERE for view or download. Hard copies can be obtained from the Municipal Office.
The 2016 Town Financial Synopsis is also available to view below. Documents are also available HERE to view and download. Hard copies are available at the municipal office.
The Town of Naicam would like to remind everyone to be pro-active in regards to the security of their vehicles and personal belongings as there have been numerous thefts and attempted thefts in our community.
- Lock your vehicle
- Take your keys and belongings
- Never hide a second set of keys in your vehicle
- Park in well-lit areas
- Never leave your car running with the keys in the ignition
- Completely close car windows when leaving your vehicle unattended
- Don’t leave valuables in plain sight
- Park your vehicle with wheels turned toward the side. Some car thieves use tow trucks to steal vehicles, so make your car tough to tow away. Wheels should also be turned to the side in driveways and parking lots so the vehicle can only be towed from the front.
- If your vehicle is rear-wheel drive, back into your driveway. Rear wheels lock on four wheel drive vehicles, making them difficult to Front-wheel drive vehicles should be parked front-end first.
- Always use your emergency brake when parked. In addition to ensuring safety, using the emergency brake makes your car harder to tow.
- If you have a garage, use it. Parking your vehicle inside protects it from thieves as well as from Mother Nature.
- When parking in a garage, lock the garage as well as your vehicle doors. By locking both the garage and vehicle doors, you greatly improve the chances of deterring a thief
- Never leave the registration or title in your car. A car thief will use these to sell your stolen vehicle. File the title at your home or office and carry your registration in your purse or wallet.
Click the link to view the Summer Student 2017 Job Descriptions. Posting including deadline to apply and how to apply is below.
The Town of Naicam wishes to engage a firm to provide regular maintenance services to the Naicam Cemetery on a one year contractual basis and now invites bids from prospective Bidders.
Duties to Include:
- Cutting Grass;
- Trimming grass;
- Seeding Grass;
- Grounds keeping Duties.
Please state hourly or seasonal rate.
Frequency: Weekly and after use (successful bidder will be notified of either scheduled, or emergency use as needed.)
The successful bidder must note if they are providing their own equipment and supplies. Bids not containing this information will be considered non-responsive.
Bidders must include their GST#, PST#, proof of insurance and WCB clearance with their bid. All bids must include all applicable fees and taxes. The successful bidder must also maintain a Town of Naicam business license and have all other Town of Naicam accounts in good standing.
Bids must be delivered to the Town of Naicam in person, by mail or via e-mail on or before Friday, May 5, 2017 at 12:00 hours local time. Contract to begin May 15, 2017 unless weather permits an earlier start date to be negotiated.
Tenders will be presented to Council at the regular meeting of council on May 9, 2017. The bidders or their representatives may choose to attend.
Prospective Bidders are invited to contact the municipal office with any questions, concerns or to schedule a walk-through of the cemetery grounds. The Town of Naicam is not required to accept the lowest or any bidder.
Submit bids to:
Town of Naicam
PO Box 238, 208 1st Ave N
Naicam, SK S0K 2Z0