The 2016 Annual Water Quality Consumer Report is now available and is visible below. Documents are also available HERE for view or download. Hard copies can be obtained from the Municipal Office.
The 2016 Town Financial Synopsis is also available to view below. Documents are also available HERE to view and download. Hard copies are available at the municipal office.
The Town of Naicam would like to remind everyone to be pro-active in regards to the security of their vehicles and personal belongings as there have been numerous thefts and attempted thefts in our community.
- Lock your vehicle
- Take your keys and belongings
- Never hide a second set of keys in your vehicle
- Park in well-lit areas
- Never leave your car running with the keys in the ignition
- Completely close car windows when leaving your vehicle unattended
- Don’t leave valuables in plain sight
- Park your vehicle with wheels turned toward the side. Some car thieves use tow trucks to steal vehicles, so make your car tough to tow away. Wheels should also be turned to the side in driveways and parking lots so the vehicle can only be towed from the front.
- If your vehicle is rear-wheel drive, back into your driveway. Rear wheels lock on four wheel drive vehicles, making them difficult to Front-wheel drive vehicles should be parked front-end first.
- Always use your emergency brake when parked. In addition to ensuring safety, using the emergency brake makes your car harder to tow.
- If you have a garage, use it. Parking your vehicle inside protects it from thieves as well as from Mother Nature.
- When parking in a garage, lock the garage as well as your vehicle doors. By locking both the garage and vehicle doors, you greatly improve the chances of deterring a thief
- Never leave the registration or title in your car. A car thief will use these to sell your stolen vehicle. File the title at your home or office and carry your registration in your purse or wallet.
Click the link to view the Summer Student 2017 Job Descriptions. Posting including deadline to apply and how to apply is below.
The Town of Naicam wishes to engage a firm to provide regular maintenance services to the Naicam Cemetery on a one year contractual basis and now invites bids from prospective Bidders.
Duties to Include:
- Cutting Grass;
- Trimming grass;
- Seeding Grass;
- Grounds keeping Duties.
Please state hourly or seasonal rate.
Frequency: Weekly and after use (successful bidder will be notified of either scheduled, or emergency use as needed.)
The successful bidder must note if they are providing their own equipment and supplies. Bids not containing this information will be considered non-responsive.
Bidders must include their GST#, PST#, proof of insurance and WCB clearance with their bid. All bids must include all applicable fees and taxes. The successful bidder must also maintain a Town of Naicam business license and have all other Town of Naicam accounts in good standing.
Bids must be delivered to the Town of Naicam in person, by mail or via e-mail on or before Friday, May 5, 2017 at 12:00 hours local time. Contract to begin May 15, 2017 unless weather permits an earlier start date to be negotiated.
Tenders will be presented to Council at the regular meeting of council on May 9, 2017. The bidders or their representatives may choose to attend.
Prospective Bidders are invited to contact the municipal office with any questions, concerns or to schedule a walk-through of the cemetery grounds. The Town of Naicam is not required to accept the lowest or any bidder.
Submit bids to:
Town of Naicam
PO Box 238, 208 1st Ave N
Naicam, SK S0K 2Z0
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Naicam, SK – Dec 29, 2016 – The Town of Naicam is embarking on a major upgrade to the Viking SportsPlex, in order to provide improved accessibility, safety and functionality of the community facility. The Government of Canada announced on December 21st, 2016 that the Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program (CIP) is investing $4,390,906 in 62 recreational and cultural projects across Saskatchewan. The Viking SportsPlex in Naicam is among the 62 projects approved under this grant.
The Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program will provide 50% of costs amounting to $42,250 for the project, while the Town of Naicam will provide the remainder of the funding, gathered from a variety of sources. Upgrades currently approved under the grant include new rubber flooring, taller safety glass in the rink, a kids play area, a wheelchair lift to the bleacher area and some landscaping at the curling rink. The project is scheduled to be completed by September 30, 2017, with large portions of the project finished as early as March 31, 2017.
“It is important for us to be able to provide the residents of Naicam and our visiting spectators, players and groups with an accessible, safe and enjoyable place to gather,” says Mayor Rodger Hayward. “These upgrades will not only make our facility safer and more accessible, but will improve functionality and usability for years to come. Without grants like this, these sorts of major upgrades just wouldn’t be possible for a small communities like ours.”
The Town of Naicam is a community of approximately 700 people in East Central Saskatchewan approximately 224 kilometers north of Regina and 50 km south of Melfort. From youth skating and curling to adult hockey, and from bonspiels and tournaments to community fundraisers, the Viking Sports Plex is the hub of the Naicam and District recreational community. All of the sports teams in the town are called the “Naicam Vikings” in honour of the original Norwegian and Scandanavian people that settled the area. The facility also houses a concession booth, mezzanine, three sheet curling rink, and virtual golf simulator.
(Section 66 of the Act)
Notice of Call for Nominations (Municipal Elections)
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given that nominations of candidates for the office(s) of:
Councillor: Town of Naicam
Number to be elected: 1
will be received by the undersigned on the 14th day of December, 2016, from
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at 208 1st Ave N. (Municipal Office), and during regular business hours on November 25th to December 13th, 2016, at 208 1st Ave N. (Municipal Office).
Nomination forms may be obtained at the following location:
208 1st Ave. N. (Municipal Office)
Dated this 25th day of November, 2016.
Important information on running for municipal office can be found here:
or by calling Municipal Inquiry at (306) 787-2680