The Town of Naicam is a REACT member.
New Curbside Program – June 2020
The town’s new curbside program begins in June 2020. Under the new program all pickup will be FRONT STREET all year round. Watch your mail for details! Missed the mailouts? See our Notices section to view/download a copy of recently sent and archived mailouts.
A new Waste Management Bylaw has been approved. Bins other than those provide REACT for the curbside program are no longer allowed in residential areas except with a permit issued by the Town for specific purposes including waste from renovations or construction, demolition or seasonal cleanup. You can download the Waste Bin Permit Application on our forms page.
- Truck pickup every Tuesday (except holidays) – have your tagged garbage out before 10:00 am.
- October 1 – April 30: Front street pickup (for everyone)*
- May 1 – September 30: Back Alley pickup. If you do not have a back alley, please use front street year round.*
- Every standard size black garbage bag requires one yellow REACT tag. These can be purchased at the Town Office – $2.50/tag or 5 tags for $12.50, or at Prairie North Coop Grocery for $2.50/tag.
*Policy#16/2017 Amended Oct 9, 2018
You may also haul your own garbage (or compost items) to the land fill site. It is located ½ mile east of town on Hwy #349.
Hours of operation are:
Saturdays 9am to 5pm (year round-except holidays)
Wednesdays 1pm to 6pm (May 1-September 30)
One standard size bag of garbage at the land fill site is $2.50 or a full REACT tag. Accepted items and prices (truckloads, furniture, etc.) are determined by the REACT employee on-site or by calling the REACT office at 1-306-682-1955.
Blue recycling bins, picked up and sorted by REACT, are located on 1st Ave N. Only certain recycling items can be placed in the bins. They do need to be sorted! Click for details on what can be recycled. Please do not leave garbage at or in the bins. Naicam – Recycle Information
Spring and fall community clean up days are held each year:
- Wednesday & Thursday after the Victoria Day long weekend each May
- Wednesday & Thursday after the Thanksgiving Day long weekend each October
Other than on these dates, compost is not handled by the Town of Naicam.
- The transfer station accepts compost and tree branches at the charges listed above in the chart provided by REACT.