The Town of Naicam is offering the Home Alone Program which is designed to provide children from ages 10-12 with the necessary skills and knowledge to be safe and responsible when home alone for short periods of time. It will help them understand how to prevent problems, handle real-life situations, and keep them safe and constructively occupied.
When: Saturday, June 24, 2017 from 1-4 PM Where: Naicam Fire Hall/Training Center
Cost: $ 15 ( includes manual, snacks and certificate)
Contact the Town of Naicam for registration forms. Deadline to register is June 22, 2017. Payment is due upon registration. Limit of 15 children per course.
If you have any questions regarding the program, please contact the Town of Naicam at 306-874-2280 or Corrine Dauk at 306-874-7344.
Home Alone Program – Registration Form & Info
The Town of Naicam would like to remind everyone to be pro-active in regards to the security of their vehicles and personal belongings as there have been numerous thefts and attempted thefts in our community.
- Lock your vehicle
- Take your keys and belongings
- Never hide a second set of keys in your vehicle
- Park in well-lit areas
- Never leave your car running with the keys in the ignition
- Completely close car windows when leaving your vehicle unattended
- Don’t leave valuables in plain sight
- Park your vehicle with wheels turned toward the side. Some car thieves use tow trucks to steal vehicles, so make your car tough to tow away. Wheels should also be turned to the side in driveways and parking lots so the vehicle can only be towed from the front.
- If your vehicle is rear-wheel drive, back into your driveway. Rear wheels lock on four wheel drive vehicles, making them difficult to Front-wheel drive vehicles should be parked front-end first.
- Always use your emergency brake when parked. In addition to ensuring safety, using the emergency brake makes your car harder to tow.
- If you have a garage, use it. Parking your vehicle inside protects it from thieves as well as from Mother Nature.
- When parking in a garage, lock the garage as well as your vehicle doors. By locking both the garage and vehicle doors, you greatly improve the chances of deterring a thief
- Never leave the registration or title in your car. A car thief will use these to sell your stolen vehicle. File the title at your home or office and carry your registration in your purse or wallet.
Time for Spring Cleaning! Keep an eye on the mail this week for this notice regarding designated compost pickup days and regulations in your post office box.
Please assist your Council and Administration in gauging interest in a community garden space by completing this brief survey. Thank you for your participation!!
Canada 150 collector’s edition pins now available at the Municipal Office for $3.
At 1:30 pm today, Wednesday, May 3, 2017 due to repairs, Naicam residents may experience little or no water pressure. This should last no more than 1/2 hour. To stay up to date and receive important alerts like this via text message, subscribe to Notify by Network by texting “Subscribe” to +1 (306) 500 6060. You may unsubscribe at anytime by texting “unsubscribe” or “stop” to the same number.