Current population (according to the 2011 Census): 686
The first settlers to arrive in the area (which is now Naicam) were predominantly Scandinavian. They soon transformed the rich virgin bush land into the high yielding farm land that it is today.
In 1918, Mrs. Marius Knutson sold her land to the CPR to form a town site. The hamlet of Naicam received its name from two CPR officials – Naismith and Cameron. They used the first three letters of each name to form “Naicam”
Incorporated as a village in 1921, shortly after the arrival of the CPR, Naicam progressed to the extent that it was incorporated into a town in 1954.
Naicam history book “Gleanings Along the Way” can be purchased for $10.00 CDN plus shipping please contact email@example.com for further information.