The Fire Ban for Naicam has been lifted.
Please note under Bylaw#15/97 you may not burn garbage (which includes paper).
Burning must occur in an approved pit, bbq or outdoor fireplace:
- which shall not exceed 1000 square inches in size.
- be located in the rear year yard unless it is a natural gas or propane appliance
- only burn seasoned wood or charcoal (no rubber, manure, garden refuse, animal carcasses, ashphalt, creosoted wood or similar material, hydrocarbons, insulation, anything generating a foul smoke or odour, anything classified as dangerous goods, garbage/trash or refuse – this includes paper and cardboard).
If a factory made bbq or outdoor fireplace, must be ULC tested and have a certified stamp.
If homemade must be:
- constructed of material such as cement, brick, or metal of at least 18 gauge
- covered with a heavy gauge metal screen with openings no larger than 13mm (1/2″)
For complete regulations see Bylaw # Fire Prevention Bylaw #15-86, 15-97