The community fall clean up day is scheduled for September 28th, 2016. The Naicam Public Works Department will pick up compost according to the posted schedule only. Any compost remaining on September 30th, 2016 will be the sole responsibility of the homeowner to dispose of.
Compost must be out for pickup on September 28th by 8:00 am (but not prior to September 27th) to be assured pickup. Compost is to be placed for back alley pickup. Please avoid placing compost on street front locations. Pickup areas/dates are estimated and may be adjusted as work progresses.
- South of Centre Street: September 28th
- North of Centre Street: September 29th
Compost placed for pickup must be in compliance with the following regulations.
- Place for pickup at the back alley by 8 am on September 28th.
- Bags may ONLY contain leaves and grass clippings in CLEAR bags.
- Bags must weigh 40 LBS OR LESS or may be refused.
- Compost in a slimy state of decomposition may be refused.
- Tree branches and loose garden debris can be piled for pickup.
- Tree branches will be picked up free-of-charge ONLY when the amount is no larger than one half-ton size load.
- Loads LARGER than above will be subject to a pick-up fee.
- Branches CANNOT exceed 4 feet in length and 3 inches in diameter.
- The transfer station accepts residents bringing in their compost and tree branches at NO CHARGE regardless of its state of decomposition.
- You may also pickup a REACT garbage tag and tag your compost to be picked up with your weekly garbage.