Below is a listing of Town of Naicam bylaws and policies. This is not a complete listing of ALL bylaws and policies, but a selection that the administration has posted for ease of access for the benefit of the community. We have just begun to post these items and as such the list is not complete, if there is something you would like to see posted, please contact us with your request and it may be accommodated as time allows. We also make an effort to keep this list as up to date as possible, but the time relevancy of the documents cannot be guaranteed.
Building, Zoning, Development
Building Bylaw (with Amendments): Bylaw #2002-007 (As amended)
Fences, Shrubs, Trees & Retaining Walls : Bylaw 2014-003
Nuisance Abatement: Bylaw 2012-009
Property & Surveys Policy: Policy 2017-012
Zoning Bylaw: Bylaw 1985-003 Consolidated
Animal Control: Bylaw 2013-001
Animals: Livestock and Poultry Bylaw No. 96 (1964)
Accounts Receivable Collections Policy:Policy 2020-001
Council Remuneration Policy: Policy 2017-015
General Penalty Bylaw: Bylaw 2012-006
Investments Policy: Policy 2019-003
NSF Fee Policy: P2016-017
Office Fees & Procedures Policy: Policy 2017-009
Per-Diem Policy: Policy 2017-014
Reserves Policy: Policy 2019-004
Utility Bill Collection: Policy 2016-016
(For Taxes including discounts and interest see the Tax section)
Administrative Bylaw: Bylaw 2019-001
Asset Management Policy: Policy 2018-003
Complaint Policy: Policy 2016-019
Civic Addressing: Bylaw 2011-004
Council Code of Ethics: Bylaw 2017-001
Council Procedure Bylaw: Bylaw 2019-005
Employee Code of Conduct Policy: Policy 2016-013
Elections Policy: Policy 2018-001
Harassment & Zero Tolerance Policy: Policy 2017-010
Noise Bylaw: Bylaw 2019-006
Nuisance Abatement: Bylaw 2005-006
Public Disclosure Policy: P2016-012
Public Notice Bylaw: Bylaw 2005-007
Licensing & Permits
Business Licences: Bylaw 2016-001
Fireworks Bylaw: Bylaw 1970-003
Firearms: Bylaw 1972-004
Liquor License/Permit Approval: Policy 2017-001
(For Building/Zoning/Development see that section above)
False Alarm Policy (Fire Department): Policy 2019-001
Fire Prevention Bylaws: Consolidated 1986-015, 1997-015
Protective Services Policy: Policy 2017-013
Emergency Warning Siren: Policy 2018-006
Parks & Recreation
Campground & Porta-Potty Policy: Policy 2017-020
Cemetery Bylaw: Bylaw 2016-009
Facility Rental and Use Policy: Policy 2017-017
Private Swimming Pools: Bylaw 1990-011
Public Works & Services
Custom Work Policy: Policy 2017-011
Water and Sewer Line Repair Policy: Policy 2018-005
Water & Sewer Rates: Bylaw 2018-004
Waste Management Bylaw: Bylaw 2020-004
Waste Disposal Policy: Policy 2017-016
Vehicle Weight Restrictions: Bylaw 1999-006
Utility Bill Collection: Policy 2016-016
Commercial Tax Concession Policy: Policy 1983-005
Property Tax Incentives and Penalties Bylaw: 2020-003 – approved May 5, 2020 – coming soon
Tax Tools (Minimum, Base, Mill Rate Factors): 2020-002 – approved May 5, 2020 – coming soon
Many of our permit applications are available online as fillable or printable PDF forms.
Waste Collection Bins (non-confirming)
- Under Section 6 of Bylaw #2020-004, the Waste management Bylaw, a permit is required to place a waste collection container (bin), other than the containers provided by REACT under our curbside program, on a residential property.
- Conditions of permits may be regulated through a policy of the Town or otherwise at the discretion of Administration on a case-by-case basis.
- Restrictions may be placed on the length of time a container may be in place, and on the type, size and placement of containers.
- The container may not negatively impact the safety, health, or welfare of the people in the neighbourhood or amenity of the neighbourhood.
- Permits may be issued for purposes such as construction, demolition, renovation, or Town authorized community wide clean-up events. All other purposes may be authorized at the discretion of Administration and may not generally include use for day-to-day household waste.
- Permits issued and associated policies or regulations may be subject to such fees as may be deemed reasonable by the Town.
- Permit extensions or renewals may be authorized and may be subject to additional fees or regulation.
- Violation of an issued permit or failure to obtain a permit constitutes a violation of this Bylaw.
Building, Renovations Demolitions
- Permits are required for Building or Demolition prior to changes being made to your structure, Plumbing or Electrical, or prior to any new construction or demolition beginning. There is a permit application fee and drawings required to be submitted to Town Council for approval.
- Renovations to existing buildings that are not structural may not require a permit. Contact the office for details.
- No permits are required for fences, trees, shrubbery, or retaining walls, but a bylaw is in place to control placement, allowable height, etc.
Special Occasions, Fireworks & Fundraising
Permits are required by anyone planning the following:
- Special Occasions (community events, fundraisers and other special occasions)
- Liquor License authorization for outdoor events or sporting facility events
- Street Closure Permits
- Noise Bylaw Exemptions
- Fireworks – permits required and available from the Municipal Office.
- Fundraising & Raffles
- Groups must obtain a Lottery Licenses for all raffles, 50/50’s and other draws. Licenses are best obtained through the SLGA. Groups are welcome to contact the Town Office for assistance in obtaining a license.
- Charitable Gaming Licenses for Bingos, Texas Hold’em Tournaments, Monte Carlo (Mock Casino) events, Draws, etc. are regulated by and available from the SLGA (Saskatchewan Liquor & Gaming).
- Non-Profit Groups may be eligible for a partial grant back from SLGA after submitting their final report to the SLGA for licenses obtained from the SLGA directly. We are happy to assist you in applying for your license.