Below is a listing of Town of Naicam bylaws and policies. This is not a complete listing of ALL bylaws and policies, but a selection that the administration has posted for ease of access for the benefit of the community. We have just begun to post these items and as such the list is not complete, if there is something you would like to see posted, please contact us with your request and it may be accommodated as time allows. We also make an effort to keep this list as up to date as possible, but the time relevancy of the documents cannot be guaranteed.
Building, Zoning, Development
Fences, Shrubs, Trees & Retaining Walls : Bylaw 2014-003
Nuisance Abatement: Bylaw 2012-009
Property & Surveys Policy: Policy 2017-012
Zoning Bylaw:Bylaw 3/85 Consolidated
Animal Control: Bylaw 2013-001
Animals: Livestock and Poultry Bylaw No. 96 (1964)
Administrative Bylaw: Bylaw 2019-001
Asset Management Policy: Policy 2018-003
Complaint Policy: Policy 2016-019
Civic Addressing: Bylaw 2011-004
Council Code of Ethics: Bylaw 2017-001
Council Procedure Bylaw: Bylaw 2019-005
Elections Policy: Policy 2018-001
General Penalty Bylaw: Bylaw 2012-006
Office Fees & Procedures Policy: Policy 2017-009
Noise Bylaw: Bylaw 2019-006
Nuisance Abatement: Bylaw 2005-006
Public Notice Bylaw: Bylaw 2005-007
Zero Tolerance Policy: ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
Licensing & Permits
Business Licences: Bylaw 2016-001
Fireworks Bylaw: Bylaw 1970-003
Firearms: Bylaw 1972-004
Liquor License/Permit Approval: Policy 2017-001
False Alarm Policy (Fire Department): Policy 2019-001
Fire Prevention Bylaws: Consolidated 1986-015, 1997-015
Protective Services Policy: Policy 2017-013
Emergency Warning Siren: Policy 2018-006
Parks & Recreation
Campground & Porta-Potty Policy: Policy 2017-020
Cemetery Bylaw: Bylaw 2016-009
Hall Rental and Use Policy: Policy 2017-017
Private Swimming Pools: Bylaw 1990-011
Custom Work Policy: Policy 2017-011
Water and Sewer Line Repair Policy: Policy 2018-005
Water & Sewer Rates: Bylaw 2018-004
Waste Disposal Policy: Policy 2017-016
Vehicle Weight Restrictions: Bylaw 1999-006
Utility Bill Collection: Policy 2016-016
Commercial Tax Concession Policy: Policy 1983-005
Penalty (Interest) on Tax Arrears: Bylaw 1980-008
Prompt Payment Discount: Bylaw 2003-002
Tax Tools (Minimum, Base, Mill Rate Factors): Bylaw 2019-004
Many of our permit applications are available online as fillable or printable PDF forms.
Building, Renovations Demolitions
- Permits are required for Building or Demolition prior to changes being made to your structure, Plumbing or Electrical, or prior to any new construction or demolition beginning. There is a permit application fee and drawings required to be submitted to Town Council for approval.
- Renovations to existing buildings that are not structural may not require a permit. Contact the office for details.
- No permits are required for fences, trees, shrubbery, or retaining walls, but a bylaw is in place to control placement, allowable height, etc.
Special Occasions, Fireworks & Fundraising
Permits are required by anyone planning the following:
- Special Occasions (community events, fundraisers and other special occasions)
- Liquor License authorization for outdoor events or sporting facility events
- Street Closure Permits
- Noise Bylaw Exemptions
- Fireworks – permits required and available from the Municipal Office.
- Fundraising & Raffles
- Groups must obtain a Lottery Licenses for all raffles, 50/50’s and other draws. Licenses are best obtained through the SLGA. Groups are welcome to contact the Town Office for assistance in obtaining a license.
- Charitable Gaming Licenses for Bingos, Texas Hold’em Tournaments, Monte Carlo (Mock Casino) events, Draws, etc. are regulated by and available from the SLGA (Saskatchewan Liquor & Gaming).
- Non-Profit Groups may be eligible for a partial grant back from SLGA after submitting their final report to the SLGA for licenses obtained from the SLGA directly. We are happy to assist you in applying for your license.